Thursday, March 26, 2009

Finding Meaning

One** of the hardest things about losing another pregnancy is that your reason and purpose suddenly disappears. For weeks the vomiting, lack of energy, feeling of not being a good enough mother to my child or wife to my husband has a purpose. The fact that my house is a mess, I haven't cooked a meal in heaven knows how long, and my body is getting softer and less toned thanks to my doctor's request that I don't exercise -- it's all okay, because I am doing it for our family. I am doing it so that my child can have a sibling to share his hopes, dreams and life with, a friend that will be around long after Zack and I are no longer. I am doing it so that our hearts can expand and learn to love even more then we know how to today, even more then we think possible. After suffering through another loss, it is in the arms of my husband, my mother, and my child that I find peace and help in refocusing my purpose. And, it is in my child's arms that I gain the faith to move forward, remembering how worth the wait he is, and find faith to begin again with purpose.

6 comments:

Annee said...

Beautifully written Ana. We're with you for the journey.

sarah said...

We love you, Ana, and pray that you might have peace in your heart and find purpose again in your daily life. It sounds like you're on the path. You are a wonderful mother and an amazing woman. Zack & Jack are lucky.

Monica Rich said...

Oh, we love you, Ana. We really, really do.

Danielle said...

This is so well written. It truly touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I love you. The strength you have is incredible.

Rachel F. said...

I love you Ana! And am always in complete awe of you. You're a great example to me of striving and pushing and always trying to be better for the loved ones in my life. Thank you.

Ie Li said...

Ana, we love you. You are such a strong, beautiful woman and mother.