Sunday, July 12, 2009

Overwhelmed

To say we are overwhelmed would be the understatement of the year.

I have so many pictures, so many memories, so many stories to record, but they will have to wait.

We have had loans to apply for, housing to be found in Cambridge while sitting in San Diego, cars to sell, a car to buy, movers to be scheduled, a house to be packed up, all the while with a house that has been busting full of wonderful visitors since May 22nd.

I know two years from now when Zack (cross our fingers) is a Harvard MBA graduate (that sounds so awesome....) I will look back and know how worth it it all was. But until then I have to wonder...

Do you think anyone ever looks back at their life and says, "aha, I can pinpoint where it all went wrong - the day we decided to stop working and go to grad school." It's hard to not be scared taking this leap given how much we love our life right now. Could we even dare to hope it could get better then this?

4 comments:

Annee said...

I'm so happy to hear from you. I've been wondering about you guys. I wonder the same thing, about pin pointing a moment or a decision where you think everything started to fall apart. I hope that isn't the case for you guys. And I hope it isn't the case for us either. It's easier to look at someone else's life and say, "don't worry, everything is going to be fine!" I feel that way for you guys. But I totally understand being overwhelmed. As in, I'm ready to curl up into bed and throw in the towel. I understand being overwhelmed!

Maryanne said...

Just think how overwhelmed you were at the thought of moving down to SD, and leaving the life up here you loved so much. And now you love your life down there so much. And you will love your life in Boston too. :)

I think that nervousness right before change is completely normal- it always happens to me, before we move, before I cut/dye my hair, anything like that. All of the sudden I'm in love with things as they are and so sure a change will be disastrous. You're going to have a wonderful time on this adventure, and if for some reason you don't, you have a huge support system of people who can hopefully make things a little better.

I'm so excited for you!!

Monica Rich said...

Of course you can! It is only going to get better and you will look back at this time and think, "Remember when we thought we were so completely happy back in San Diego? Aren't you glad we moved to Long Island?" :)

We are so excited for you. I, too, am always a sick-feeling bag of nerves before a major change (or combination of changes) like this one.

Ie Li said...

You guys definitely sound busy. Good luck with everything. We miss you and look forward to having you closer. Please let us know if we can help!