Friday, October 09, 2009

Further proof that we are experiencing the city

Our days are long. Zack wakes up at 5:45 and is out the door by 7:20, goes to classes and studies till 5:30 or 6, comes home for dinner and helps to put Jack down to bed and then is typically up studying until at least midnight, sometimes as late as 2am. I wake up as he walks out the door and am in charge of everything else that doesn't appear on Zack's above schedule, in addition to being a full time cruise director for a three year old. Despite how busy we are, we are having a great time and making the most out of our two years on the east coast before we move back to California. :)

Last week, Grandma Z came out for a much welcomed visit. She was awesome and watched Jack while we went to an adult dinner (heaven). Jack loved playing with her and of course having her read books to him at bedtime. She definitely helped it to feel a bit more like home out here and we can't wait to lure her back out here again very soon.



Jack took Grandma on a walk along the Charles River. His smile is paid with cheesecake.



Jack the photographer



Friday morning, Zack, Jack and I drove out to Cape Cod for a student retreat. We played at the beach (I even played volleyball which hurt like crazy!!!), and then spent the rest of the day at the hotel's indoor wave pool. Jack loved it and despite his blue lips, stayed in the water until dinner time. We had a fun time getting to know everyone over dinner and games.

Our volleyball team



Jack and Zack playing football on the beach



Jack the photographer



How beautiful is this place!!!

6 comments:

Grandma Z said...

It was such a treat to see you well settled into your new home. Your community seemed friendly and supportive, your neighborhood charming, and your apartment is beautiful. It looks like you are taking it all in and appreciating the experience. It was fun to share a moment of it with you... and add to that a second stop on the east coast see Steve, Ie Li, Mei Li and Stephen in Virginia, too. Thanks for all the hospitality, everyone! I can't believe I left my camera behind! I'll have to do it again soon with Grandpa and take pictures. I enjoy yours & Jack's!

Ie Li said...

Cape Cod is gorgeous! We should do a beach week there together! Although, I have no concept of how expensive it is to rent a place there. What fun adventures!

Annee said...

Love the new pictures. You guys are looking fabulous as always!!

sarah said...

It is indeed quite beautiful! Love Jack the photographer.

Ie Li said...

P.S. you look so great in purple.

Monica Rich said...

Zack's schedule sounds exactly like Adam's, only it doesn't end in two years :(