Our dearest and oldest friends the Richs came out to visit us one of our first weekends out here...maybe even our first?? You know you have the most awesome friends when they willingly load up their three kids into the car and drive four hours on a Friday night to camp out in our tiny spare bedroom, just because we finally live close enough to make this weekend happen. Saturday morning the eight of us went out to explore Boston for the first time together.
First stop, Boston Harbor, where we re-enacted the Boston Tea Party by throwing tea into the harbor. I think the kids may have thought we were weird, but were quite happy to throw something into the water.
Thinking back, I am super impressed that all the kids (and Zack) managed to hold onto the wrappers and only dump the tea into the Harbor.
Next stop, the start of the Freedom trail and Paul Revere's house.
Zack then purchased his weight in Italian pastries at "Mikes" in the north end (I sound like I have some idea what it's the north end of!) Monica and I and the kids sat near one of the Old North Churches and ate Jack's weight in what really wasn't all that impressive desserts while poor Zack went to get the car and waited at the other Old North Church.
Monica and Adam are the best best friends anyone could ask for. Our time on the east coast will hopefully be full of fun Rich/Zackrison adventures...and I'm sure, way too much food. :)
1 comment:
Hurray! Our tea party! I had actually forgotten about that!
We, too, look forward to more reunions. Starting next month???
Post a Comment