Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A New Decade



Today my love turned 30.

I am so grateful that I met Zack 15 years ago. As of next January, Zack and I will have spent more than half of our lives in like/love with one another. I am grateful that my life has been shaped by having this amazingly generous and loving man as my best friend. When I watch Zack with Jack I can think of nothing better then Jack growing up to become even half the man that his father is. Jack sees, every day, amazing examples of what a husband and father should be and I couldn't love Zack more for giving him that. He is the kindest, most loving husband and father. Ever.

With Zack being as cool as he is, it should come as little surprise that we have amazing friends. Friends who called me up and helped me plan Zack's party. Friends who called me up again and helped me send out invitations to Zack's party. Friends who made amazing homemade cakes, guac and green salsa -- Cancun style -- for Zack's party. In the end, we celebrated Zack turing 30 with two rounds of happy birthday, tons of friends and way too good cake.

Here's a shot of the 100 cupcakes I made for Jack to deliver to Zack's section to celebrate his birthday.



The birthday boy with ALL his candles!



Jen Smith is amazing and I love her and her creations.



The usual suspects



The kids had a blast!! Jack asked if we could have a party for Papa again sometime soon! :)


(I'm so glad I asked a few of the kids to stop and smile for the camera. Otherwise this picture would never have been captured for all time. :))


Happy birthday my love.

3 comments:

Ie Li said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate! I'm amazed at how many BEAUTIFUL cupcakes you made.

Happy birthday, Zack!

Annee said...

Oh dear, that means I'm not 30 anymore, if Zack is now 30.

Seriously, 100 cupcakes?! That is true love in cupcake format.

Looks like a wonderful celebration. What a great life you have!

Alicia said...

What a sweet post. I love the two of you together, it just makes me happy knowing you guys found each other and are so aware of how special you both are. =)

Happy birthday, Zack!!

And seriously, Nina is so awesome for making that guac. What would we do without her?