Saturday, June 11, 2011

HBS Graduation 2011

My family.  Two words and two people that melt my heart like no others.  It has taken all three of us working hard to make it through these demanding years, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.   The first time I saw Zack in his cap and gown at graduation I totally started crying.  Leave it to me to not consider an occasion sentimental until I am overwhelmed at how life changing these small moments are.  I am so in love with him, so proud of the man that he is, and so grateful for all he is in our lives.    Here are a few additional pictures of graduation and the events leading up to it.
The amazing city that we have called home for the last two years. I am so grateful that we got to stay long enough for spring to come again to Boston and remind me how beautiful this city truly is.
Taking the official Michael Christensen Tour of Harvard Undergrad (Believe it or not it was my first tour.  Checked it off the list just in time!:))
A few of us at Zack's celebratory Graduation dinner at Legal Seafood.  He entertained the kids with all of the claws from his meal.  And yes, I am as exhausted as I look in this picture.

The ceremony was held right in front of Baker library.
One of my personal highlights was that Jack got to walk across the stage and "graduate" with Zack. 
I think it was a perfect ending to this experience because those graduating with kids deserved to be most proud of this moment because they found ways to be students and parents.

Zack and his parents. 
It was definitely an event worthy of such a huge family gathering.
More family shots
It wouldn't be a family gathering without a jumping shot.  I am continually amazed at Rachel's ability to get so high.  Love Jack's jump too.
Jack's surrogate family, the Whitakers.  These kids spend so much time at one another's houses that I think they are going to go into shock when they move to Michigan and we move to California.
I will forever be grateful for this experience.  It was such an adventure, and we have loved our time here. 
This is the hat that they gave Jack after he "graduated" with Zack.  That's exactly what he's been for the last two years, an HBS Kid.

2 comments:

Monica Rich said...

Congratulations again to Zack -- and to you and Jack! You all worked through those challenging years with such optimism and grace and came out so much stronger than others we have known. Here's to a bright future!

Dani Powell said...

Super big congrats to you guys! Now come on home! =)