Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Jack Zackrison - First Grader

This year Jack is in first grade.   He was a bit sad to be starting school again.  I guess after a summer filled with friends, fun and seemingly unlimited tv and video games, who could blame him.  The night before school started he broke down in the car home from dinner with my sister's family.   He and I snuggled on the couch for a little while and I told him it was okay to admit how he was feeling, and even helpful to.  I told him that sometimes just by sharing how we are feeling, and allowing ourselves to feel it, we start to feel better.  He asked me who my best friends were, grade by grade from Kindergarten through college.  Each time, he'd add, "and Adda" to my list.  Sweet boy to know that my list will always include "and Adda."  He also got a kick out of how many years Zack made the list too.  He woke up the next morning excited for school and happy for the day.  

I am so grateful I get to be a part of this little boy's life. 


He is every bit of extraordinary.


1 comment:

Dani Powell said...

Um, why was he the one who had to add me to your list every time? Just saying.