Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lake Gregory

This year we decided to not just let our anniversary pass without much attention but that we would take the family on a short trip.  We headed out to Lake Gregory for the weekend.  As kids we spent many summer days and winter nights up at Lake Gregory.  Its a special place in my memory.  The only place where my mom ever allowed us to buy sugar cereal.  Like I said - a special place :).

I was so happy to see how much my family loved it too.  Here are some of the highlights.

Going down the water slide over and over again.
My favorite fellows
Playing in the sand

Jack and Mom out on the lake.  I even let him steer us under the huge COLD fountains!  What a mom!
8 months pregnant!  Cooling off in the water with my big kid!
Jack and Zack had a blast climbing up and jumping off of the buoy in the middle of the lake
Buddies.  The life vest barely fit over my belly.
I took a long walk around most of the lake to try to get this stinker to fall asleep.  It was special because I remember taking long walks as a kid around this lake.  I even saw a bottle cap and remembered all of the sudden the year that Dani and I decided to start a bottle cap collection.  So many memories in this place. 

No comments: