Friday, September 19, 2014

Palm Springs

When Noelle was about 5 months old we decided to go out of town to Palm Springs for a quick getaway before Zack started his new job.  Because of the 6 year difference between Jack and William I often feel like we are living in two completely different worlds.  There's the world of school, homework, playdates, video games, and friends and there's the world of singing songs, playing with toys, practicing sitting, standing, walking.  I feel like this trip highlighted this difference.  Noelle slept horribly and I ended up nursing through the entire night to keep her quiet enough that the boys could sleep.  The resort had a water slide, which Jack loved, and William was too short for.  Noelle hated the water, so the whole trip was about being divided into groups.  The Jack group and the littles' group.  I will admit the Jack group was way more fun to be apart of then the littles' group.

Will playing in the sand at the hotel

Mom gets to ride the lazy river with Jack

Too small to ride the water slide

Me and my boys in the hot tub.  It was a gajillion degrees in Palm Springs so this didnt last long 

William and Jack enjoying the spray playground

William decided he hated the spray playground and only Jack remains

Jack loves water slides


I really love water slides too.  It was just about the only reason I put on a bathing suit.

Me and my Wills



Despite my best efforts to keep everyone asleep, William only had energy to make it out of our hotel room before he needed to lay down in the morning.

This pretty much sums up Elle's feelings about Palm Springs.  She was hot, her mom didn't bring a good enough swim coverup to keep her from burning, no hat either, she didn't sleep well and she cried a lot.  Good thing we love her soooo much.

No comments: