Thursday, June 08, 2006

Isn't all this enough?




Over the last few days I have had several very important people in my life tell me I need to do more for myself. And you know what? I can't think of anything I would rather be doing then being a mom. When I was a child, I never really talked about wanting to be a mom. It's not like I threw baby dolls on the floor and refused to play with them, but I had other grand ideas about what my future would hold. I was going to be the first woman President, and as I grew up and that dream seemed a little less practical I was going to be a lawyer so I could tell everyone off and argue for a living. I was going to live in the big blue house we passed on the way to school everyday and I was going to pay people to work for me so I didn't have to (the logic of a 5th grader- Gotta love it). But then I married the love of my life, and he supported me and told me I could be anything I wanted to be. Funny thing was, all of the sudden, all I wanted to be was a mom. It took us nearly 2 years from deciding we were ready to the day Baby J blessed our happy home and during those two years, all I did was things for myself. I went where I wanted, did what I wanted, ate what and when I wanted. And I knew I was missing out. So yes, I don't get to see the newest movies the night they come out, or make it through a day without spit up, drool or/and snot on my shirt, And Yes I do eat powerbars for lunch because I can down it in 2 minutes flat, but you know what? There is not a blessed thing I would rather be doing with my "Me- time". Baby J is the best of both Zack and me. He learns more each and everyday, and when I see his latest tricks, I know I helped him learn them. When he smiles one of his cute ham smiles, I know he smiles that particular smile only for his mom. And you know what? That's me.

No comments: