Saturday, January 26, 2008

Potty time

The other day we bought Jack his first potty. Much to Zack's dismay it is an Elmo potty (and no I dont know where his hatred of all things Elmo came from). We also got him big boy pants with Lightning McQueen on them and Elmo's Potty time dvd which my dear friend Becca said her neice is in love with. So tonight we unpacked the potty, Jack told us where we needed to put it (right next to the big toilet) and we sat down to watch Potty time. Jack LOVED it. He was so excited about the dvd and the potty! Every couple of minutes he would run out of the room and we started to wonder where he was. Turns out he was running in to sit on his potty just like Elmo! I took a few shots (he of course is fully dressed since we are still a ways away from him actually using the potty). But today was a success! He is excited about the potty and it will be there and a part of our everyday lives and hopefully our non-fuss attitude will encourage him to take the plunge when he is ready.



On a side note **YIKES what the heck am I supposed to do when he is a big boy and needs to go to the boys bathroom on his own? Am I really going to be the mother who takes her 10 year old into the womens bathroom just to be safe?????? Today the answer is yes. Poor, poor Jack.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I can't believe he's that old already! Oliver is 5 and still always comes into the ladies room with me. Brenden I have to finally let go into the mens room, but when Dad's not around I shamelessly stand right by the door and hold it open until he comes out. I've given him some instructions about not talking to strangers in the bathroom but it is a pretty scary step.

Ana said...

I am so glad to hear that I'm not completely insane to be afraid of the step of letting Jack go to the men's room by himself!!