Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catch Up Christmas





You know life is crazy hectic when I am finally sitting down to record our Christmas one month later. Maybe I can blame my delinquency on the fact that our tree is still up and our lights are still on the house thanks to Mr. Christmas and his three foot tall elf. (on a side note, when I get back from the gym in the evening Mr. Christmas is typically listening to Christmas carols...). I finally lost it last night and informed Mr. Christmas that I couldn't take it anymore and the tree and lights needed to be gone by Saturday night. I felt like Scrooge, but come on -- our neighbors are going to start sending us nasty notes. Not because the lights are still up, but because they are still on each and every night!

Alright, back to Christmas. We had a great week leading up to Christmas which included trips to the Del Mar Festival of Lights, the Christmas house, visiting Candyland, throwing snowballs, sledding, and seeing Santa (from afar).





Christmas eve we had our neighbors over for dinner. They made crab and we made prime rib. Zack insisted we document the deliciousness which was our dinner by taking a picture...

Dani, Bobby, and Nicky stayed over until about 10 at which point we separated and wished Santa good luck with all that still needed to happen. Zack and I woke up at 8 completely thrilled that our elf had given us the gift of sleeping in a bit. We showered, dressed, made breakfast burritos (once again Zack documented it)


and orange rolls. 11:00 rolled around and we still hadn't heard from Jack. I went upstairs and woke him up. He immediately told me he was hungry and my initial thought was this kid is going to throw up. I tried to keep my negative thoughts to myself and consented to make him his requested hot dog **warning lights should have been going off...



He ate one bite and then threw up all over himself, me and our floor. (That picture was taken literally seconds before and if you look at his face you can almost see what's going to happen next!). The rest of the morning past in a blur of throw up and presents. Jack was so sweet and would open one present and then throw up (a gross side note, this was the first time he could tell me he was going to throw up and then throw up into a bowl instead of all over himself and me which was AWESOME). After a few presents Jack told us he was too sick and tired to open more so we took a break on the couch. Jack said he wanted a nap and after Zack gave him a blessing he took a short one hour nap and woke up hungry. All he wanted was an orange roll and I was too tired to say no.



He ate it and was a changed little man. He had energy and quickly remembered he had a ton of unopened presents and went to work.





It's moments like that that I am so grateful for Zack and the power of blessings. It was our Christmas miracle.

The highlight of Jack's Christmas was undoubtedly getting his ATV.



It was the one and only thing he asked for from Santa and he was thrilled. He spent an hour on ichat with my mom showing her all of his tricks and telling her what they were called.

It was not the day I had imagined, but it was perfect in its own way.

4 comments:

sarah said...

Thanks so much for your update! I check faithfully every day hoping it will be here and tonight was well rewarded!

It is definitely time to reign in Mr. Christmas. He does not get to live in his own fantasy land with year-round Christmas. Someone must bring some order to the house. (Mostly I'm just trying to justify my own scroogeness as I could not wait to put it all away right after new years, much to the objection and disappointment of those around me.)

Ie Li said...

What a memorable Christmas. I'm glad that he felt better. The power of the priesthood is amazing.

Annee said...

Henry still remembers the Christmas he was sick. I think it was the year he had either just turned 3 or 4. Poor Zack has to say adieu to Christmas. Tell him, it's time to move on! Spring is right around the corner!!

Rebecca said...

Yay, I've been waiting and checking as well to see your Christmas pics. I'm sorry Jack was sick but I'm glad everything turned out well in the end. All's well that ends well, right? Love you guys and can't wait to see you again soon. Jack is a cutiepie!