So, Zack is sleeping in New York tonight and Jack and I are sleeping in Boston. Adam and Monica called and asked for my inital reaction and although I fully admit that my reactions prove just how uncultured I am, I still feel they are worthy of recording if only to laugh at later when I am a cultured Bostonian.
-People out here talk like morons. I say this fully recognizing that I may sound like a California girl, with my likes, bummers, dudes, and cools, but I mean how hard is it really to say Hershey Bar? I overheard a man today on the plane ask his wife if she wanted a Hershey Baah. Really? I mean I acknowledge that Hershey bars are super important in my life, but honestly, Hershey baah?
-The buildings out here are really old. I know that there are plenty of people in the world that this would be a good thing for, something on the why Boston is so cool list, and being a history major and all (stop laughing Zack) I really should be one of them, but I unfortunately am not.
-We drove by the Charles river on our way to our hotel and it triely was beautiful. The sun was setting and there were couples sitting watching the sailboats sitting on benches. It looked like a scene out of a romantic movie. I wanted to be sitting on that bench with Zack by my side instead of in New York.
-It hit me the other day when I was telling someone that this was our sixth move in the seven years we have been married (this Subday!!). There is no one else in the world that I would rather be following around the country then the man I married. He is worth it all and a million gazillon times more. I was reading in an old journal from about a year and a half ago, and I found an entry where I wrote that I had been pettioning my Father in Heaven to help Zack get into grad school because I knew that he was putting Jack and me first and I worried that his priortization might be the thing to stand in his way. I am so grateful to have a husband that truly does stand as a husband and a father first each day. I see the next two years as our turn to give back and strengthen our family bonds as we share in one united goal in this adventure.
Tomorrow we go see our apartment for the first time. I am worried that despite my unbelievably low expectations I am still going to be disappointed. I now look at every new piece of laundry as existing to offend me personally.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you're pretty funny Ana. I really hope the apartment doesn't disappoint. That really wouldn't be a happy way to start things off. I still can't believe you guys are there! Thanks for recording it for us.
But you forgot my favorite impression:
"Why are there so many FREAKIN' trees?!?"
THAT, my friend, was the most hilarious. Whether or not you like Boston, we are certainly glad you are here.
I had a friend in Philadelphia whose name was Barry. When he said it, it sounded like Bahrry. He laughed and laughed at the way I said Bear-y. He actually had three different pronunciations for Mary, merry and marry -- which were all the same for me. Have fun, and thanks for sharing it with us.
Love, Grandma Z in Provo (!)
I love the idea that there are seasons in our lives when we are takers and then seasons when we get to be givers. That's so nice that you realize and accept that this next season will be one where you get to practice giving to Zack as he takes on this huge challenge. So inspiring!
Post a Comment