As this school year is coming to an end, there are things I have been thinking about this experience that I want to record.
Boston is simply beautiful. I love it here. I love the green (yes I fully recognize that I am eating my words when we first moved here). I love the old houses and the history. I love the River. I love seeing tiny buds appear on the trees after long winter months.
I love my friends. Living on campus, we are all far from our homes, our lives and our families, but we have become family for one another. Here, we are all raising one anothers children, along with our own. Here, Jack has dozens of surrogate brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, aunts and uncles. Here the kids run in packs, and have one anothers backs. Here the moms run in packs, and have one anothers backs. Here the dads work a lot.
Last week our family was delivered a devastating blow when the doctor called and informed me that the IVF cycle we were in the middle of was over and there would be no embryo to transfer. The news was heart wrenching, especially because Zack was 4000 miles away in California at an interview so we couldn't experience it together. That's when my friends showed up. These amazing women arrived on my doorstep bringing flowers, chocolates, gourmet appetizers and desserts and most important friendship. Meals were scheduled and delivered, cookies made, hugs given, prayers offered, and tears shared. These women are my rocks, and I don't think they will ever know how much their actions last week meant to me.
A few of these amazing women are moving on to bigger and better things next year and right now my heart hurts thinking of HBS without them next year.
Saturday, May 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
These are a few of my least favorite moments too saying goodbye to the EC families and hearing of your womb and heartache...Life goes on it always does...and don't forget about spring break next year!!!
Oh Ana, I'm so sorry. I'm so grateful to know that you have such wonderful friends there to take care of you. You are so loved.
Ana - I am so amazed at how open your heart was to Boston and how quickly you were able to make it into such a wonderful home. What a blessing to be able to be so happy in so many different places and circumstances. It does sound like a unique and wonderful group of friends you've fallen in to there. What a blessing. We sure love you and miss you guys.
I think we end up where we are supposed to be. Those ladies lives, and your life were meant to intersect when you were each ready for it. I'm happy for that perspective. And I'm so grateful knowing you've been surrounded by angels. Life is better that way.
Ana, I wish I was there with you to cry together and give you a hug and do all the things those sweet friends of yours did.
We just love you guys so much.
Of course you love it there!! You guys are such an amazing and awesome family you make friends and fit in anywhere.
My heart aches for you while you go through this trial.
I want you to know that I have always looked up to you as a mother. You are absolutely AMAZING!! You are the perfect example of Christlike parenting. Jack is the luckiest little man. PS happy late bday Jack.
Thank you to all the women who were there to be sisters to my sister when I couldn't. If I could make you all cookies right now, I would.
Post a Comment