Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On the Charles

The Bowen Family.  Jonathan was such a trooper rowing that boat.    Let's just say there are times when only have one older child makes life easier, like when choosing between one person rowing a row boat, and two people rowing a canoe!
The kids were thrilled to be floating down the river with this beautiful bird!
The Zackrisons.  I only mildly freaked out getting into the canoe for the first time.   
It was a super hot day, and I splashed Jack with my paddle and he said, " Oh, how refreshing!!"
I love that kid.
The Acks swimming in the Charles, until a passerby told me her friend's dog got sick the previous week after swimming in this water.
We had a fantastic time, and Jack was thrilled to finally be out on the Charles.  Jonathan and Zack were heaven sent and left the wives and kids at the park while they rowed themselves back and picked us up in the air conditioned car.  What good guys we have!!

2 comments:

Grandma Z said...

Jack's right. It does look refreshing to be on the river, and so fun to see the Acks. Great days to remember.

J and J Bowen said...

I'm so glad you gave fond memories of this day! We are lucky to have such kind and adventurous friends. So excited summer is almost over. Not the part where Jen leaves but where you come back.