Saturday, November 22, 2008

Two times a charm

So last week brought a new experience for me. I was laid off. Not once, but twice. How is that possible? Well I got laid off on Thursday afternoon, and then again Friday morning. The details are a bit too complex to dive into, but the official position is "I have been laid off and we are working out transitioning my responsibilities."

There is a lot more to be said, but that's all I can say today. Except maybe that I don't recommend the experience -- even once.

5 comments:

sarah said...

Oh no!!! Ana I'm so sorry! That was such an ideal setup for you. I know those are hard to come by. But you are smart and talented and I'm sure you'll come out ahead. Their loss. And weird that it was twice?! Sounds like there must be a story there.

Annee said...

That's really sad. I'm so sorry. Is there a silver lining in sight? Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you...

Ie Li said...

Wow. I'm so sorry, Ana. That was mean of them to lay you off twice. Lame.

Rachel F. said...

Yikes! That sounds unpleasant. 2008 has been a year of change for you guys. Hopefully 2009 will be a year of settling and peace.

Grandma Z said...

As I recall they hired someone else for your job once before, but they came back looking for you. They will be back again. By the way, is Christine at your house this Tuesday?