This year we threw good fiscal and common sense to the wind and three moms and five kids boarded an airplane headed to Cancun Mexico for Spring Break. Dads showed up the following afternoon, looking well rested and unencumbered.
Here are some highlights...
Mealtime with nine children was amazing. Luckily we were good tippers so the waiters didn't hide when they saw/heard us coming. I think we probably eat 5-6 meals a day. All of which featured guacamole, avocado salsa and virgin pina coladas heavily.
The beach was perfect and the waves were awesome!
We spent the entire week going between the pool and the beach. It was pure Spring Break Heaven.
There was mattress surfing thanks to the Galbraiths who lugged an entire blow up mattress all the way to Mexico.
Me and my girls. Seriously I love these amazingly talented kind hearted women. (and Laila :))
Jack looks slightly insane here, but he had a blast playing football on the beach with Zack. There was only a slight altercation when another family on the beach found Jack's ball and decided to write their name in Sharpie all over the ball. Seriously people? They admitted they just found the ball and gave it back, but come on!!!
No vacation will ever be complete again without Nina-bownina. She brings the par-tay!
We spent serious time in the "hot" tub. Here's a shot of my boys. Seriously they melt my heart.
What the heck is this picture of???
Thanks to my serious baby craving, I snuggled sweet Rivers while he slept in my arms forever on the beach. The freakish burn was thanks to the sun hat that kept Rivers shaded as well as small portions of my arm. Hot.
The moms got to go to the "fancy" restaurant one night. We pretty much ordered everything on the menu and two of each dessert.
Which leads to...
the chocolate piano. Which may or may not have caused a chocolate induced sneezing attack for yours truly.
We can't wait for next year Cancun 5!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, that looks like a pretty awesome trip.
I'm so confused by the Sharpie and football incident. Why would somebody do that? Why did they have a Sharpie with them?
I think I said "serious" or "seriously" 18 times in that post.
I think my use of that word has become a serious problem.
Looks like you had an amazing time!
Okay, maybe I get now why a trip to Cancun beat out a trip to take care of my child for me. Although I still think I could be president some day. Seriously.
Post a Comment