Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Cheese Sandwich Store

Jack loves cheese sandwiches. To be more specific, Jack loves cheese sandwiches from In-n-Out. He can spot a In-n-Out sign anywhere, anytime. Jack has taken his love of In-n-Out a step further and has a special corner of our apartment that he refers to as the cheese sandwich store. He makes me sit down on one side of the stool and welcome him to the cheese sandwich store. He orders the same thing each time, cheese sandwich, french fries (with ketchup), water (with a straw) and playground stickers (those are the ones with the basketball hoops and balls on them). He then hands me money and tells me to go ahead and order something for myself. He patiently waits for me to call his number, and then unwraps his straw, puts it in the water, dips each pretend french fry into the ketchup and gulps down his cheese sandwich. It's all super adorable.

But what does it say about how often we frequent In-n-Out that he can mimic the experience word for word?

3 comments:

sarah said...

That is so funny! I love it.

Annee said...

I'm mostly just jealous. I wish I could frequent In-n-Out as much as Jack does:) Kids are just smart. That's all. It doesn't mean you go there too much. Keep it up!

Ie Li said...

Mmmm...I'd like to visit Jack's cheese sandwich store. I'm missing In-n-out and would visit it very often if it was here.