Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mother's Book Club Drop Out

That's right. I'm out. I just have to read this last book and host this month's meeting (how on earth do I get myself into these things) and then I'm officially a mother's book club drop out. Hurray!

Why am I so excited to be a mother's book club drop out? Not because I think I know everything there is to know about being a mother, or because I have it all under control, but because I am so busy trying to fit in reading yet another book about mothering for this club that I am thinking up ways to avoid actually mothering my child. In my head: "Maybe if I can put Jack in front of the tv for just one more half hour program I can catch up with this month's reading and not look like a total lame-o showing up at our meeting tomorrow on page 24." Sorry ladies, that's when I have to call it quits.

So, Jack if you are reading this years from now, I'm sorry I didn't learn as much as I could have about how to raise you -- but if it is any consolidation, know that we are having a great time making it up as we go!

3 comments:

Ie Li said...

Way to go, Ana. Sometimes less is more.

sarah said...

3 cheers for Ana - you passed the first test!

Annee said...

Well, I heart book clubs. Unless of course they about how to be a better parent. In that case, I would probably never sign up in the first place. Please, a book about this stuff?! Much funner if you THINK you are doing it all right, without consulting any instruction manuals!!