Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting traditions



Historically I don't vote. My theory is that my vote doesn't really make a difference and registering only leaves me vulnerable for jury duty...which I have been called to at least three times. Because of my negativity Zack and Jack have developed an election day routine in which Zack takes Jack to get a vanilla milkshake and then to vote. Today, when I told Jack that we had to go out in the rain so I could vote, he reminded me of the tradition. So after a quick stop off at Wendy's, Jack and I went and cast our vote milkshake in hand. (His, not mine. He doesn't share sweets). I am proud to say that Jack thinks voting rocks. Milkshakes and stickers. Who could ask for more? I take comfort in the thought that Jack is being raised in a voting household (even while I admit most of the credit is Zack's).

1 comment:

Ie Li said...

That is a very cute tradition. Thanks for sharing. We miss you.