Monday, September 29, 2008

It all started with Thunder

Zack's in Tucson today, so my morning started early. Jack was awakened early by very loud thunder and lightning, but no rain and scarcely a cloud in the sky.

We decided to make mini-cupcakes (I had to clarify that mini referred to them being miniature and not Minnie Mouse when he asked where the pictures of Minnie Mouse were for the tops) as motivators for success potty-training (which by the way Jack is a total rock star at!). Jack ate more cake batter then any three foot tall person ever should, but we were happy. He asked me to put on music so the two of us could awkwardly and non-rhythmically dance around. I took Jack out for a run (cupcake in hand for Jack) and "we" ran to the park. Unfortunately the run back home included the mother of all hills. Whenever I stopped to catch my breath, Jack would cheer me on in his own way, by asking me why we were going so slow?! We came home, played Candyland and read books together.

And now Jack is napping. (enough said).

3 comments:

Rachel F. said...

How cute!! Sounds like a delightful day. And now I want a cupcake really badly..

Ie Li said...

It's like you're Maria Von Trapp doing your favorite things in a thunderstorm! So cute.

sarah said...

any time to work between all that awesome mothering? you are very talented.