No progress. I'm 39 weeks and not even dilated to a 1. Not even 1/2 not even 1/4. I'd settle for 1/64 at this point but no dice.
I know I have been moaning about being done for some time now. I want to set the record straight that its because of my feet. My feet can't take it anymore. The rest of me could power through for the sake of this little guy but my feet scream at me all day long and are retaining so much water and weight that I am barely mobile. Zack, bless his heart, comes home each night and massages them for an hour or two and afterwards they almost look normal again.
For the sake of record keeping I took a picture. Mind you they look even worse now 2 hours later in the day, but I have no more energy to move them enough to take another picture.
Warning...the below is really really really nasty. Like I have the feet of a 500 pound Guiness Book of World Records nasty.
I had a nice pedicure but then scraped it when I fell a few weeks ago. I think I was more sad about losing my pedicure then having to go to L&D to be monitored for a few hours. I'd go back for another one but can't imagine what those ladies would be saying to one another about my elephant feet.
Please baby, come.
Monday, September 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yowza. That's even worse than they are during the day when I see them. It'll be so soon. Maybe he's waiting for me to leave the city, like Jack did. I'll plan a trip somewhere to help if you want.
Oh dear sweet Ana. Wow. I'm so sorry. That does not look fun at all. Hang in there. We're all pulling for you.
Wow! I had no idea that was a thing! That seems so painful...
Oh, Ana! How awful! This little guy needs to come out!
I'll admit that I was a bit alarmed when I saw the photo. They look so foreign, as if you pulled an image of swollen feet off of google images or something. The things we do to create a life! It's totally going to be worth it. I hope they shrink back down quickly, post delivery!
I'm so sorry. Those feet are painful just to look at, I can't imagine how they feel to live with.
39 weeks and no signs of progress! Aren't there some situations where feeling sorry for yourself is a healthy response? I think this is one. You have my sympathy, too.
And what about strangers and those comments?! You'd think this was a public works project and they all had a right to an opinion.
Just make sure they keep their hands to themselves and don't start thinking they have a right to pat your belly. Yes, you are producing America's "future generation" that will be paying their soc. sec., but it is not public space. Would they do that to a woman who wasn't pregnant?
I think you have done a truly heroic job. Any time now... I'm looking forward to carrying this guy around a bit for you.
I am so glad you documented that so you can always have hard proof of what you went through for your kids when you tell them the stories!
That doesn't look disgusting, truly, it just looks really, really painful. I hope your baby comes really soon for me (selfishly, so I can see the adorable pictures), and for you, so you can feel better and hold your baby in your arms!
Oh. My. Goodness.
Enough said ;) glad he finally came! And he is cute-to-boot! Love his cute pics! can't wait to hold him!
Post a Comment