And I'm awake again. I think heartburn woke me up and being uncomfortable has kept me here.
I got a call from my doctors office last week informing me that my doctor was on vacation for the next two weeks. I kinda freaked out because I really like him and trust him but I told myself the likelihood of him actually delivering me was so slim that it wouldn't really make a difference. That's just how medicine goes these days. I guess I am spoiled because when I had Jack my doctor knew I was in labor and stayed to deliver me even though he wasn't on call that night. Dr. Medina where ever you are - you rock. But I see how much Sean works so I get it that my doctor deserves some time off too.
That is until I talked to the doctor who is seeing me today. My doctor said he'd induce at 39 weeks. This doctor won't until 42. Forty freaking two. Now not to speak poorly of women obs but I have always loved my male obs. In the few moments I have seen female obs they have had a "so what, deal with it like I did attitude" whereas the men have been kind hearted and appreciative of my discomfort.
42 weeks. I think my feet will give up before then.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thinking of you-- hang in there!
Oh Ana, I'm sorry. Hopefully your little guy will just decide to get a move on before then! Love you!
Have you looked up herbal induction helps? If nothing else it could pass sometime. 42week is rough believe me!!! Penelope is a treat but seriously. Come out baby come out.
Ahhh!! It's so hard when you had your expectations set on something - especially when you are in the thick of things. Why can't doctors be consistent between themselves?!? Grrrr...
Post a Comment