Last year all Jack wanted was for me to make him a Super Mario Brothers cake for his birthday party. So we found a picture of what his little heart desired and I got to work.
 |
| First I made the Bomb-ombs and Mushrooms |
 |
| What Mario cake could be complete without a few Piranha plants? |
 |
| Add some bricks, gold coins, turtle shells, and goombas to finish off the job | |
And the final product...
 |
| Just missing the "Happy Birthday Jack" sign on the flag pole (everything eatable) |
|
All that work and Jack woke up the day of his birthday party with a raging fever and throwing up. (Does anyone notice a disturbing vomit trend in my family?)
We had to cancel the party and reschedule for the following weekend. By then the cake was yucky and old and made Jack sick just looking at it. So we called it a day, trashed it and brought store bought cupcakes to the party.
I felt like a turbo awesome mom bringing in store bought cupcakes. I should have made a shirt to wear with a picture of the cake so people would know how hard I tried despite appearances.
6 comments:
Ana, that cake is amazing. I'm sorry it didn't all work out like it was supposed to. And, last time I checked, kids love store-bought cupcakes.
ANA! That cake is incredible! How tragic that it had to go to waste! Such is life.
At least now the blogosphere knows what a kick-butt cake you made. :)
As a huge Super Mario fan, that cake is the coolest thing ever. Just looking at it got me humming the Super Mario song, and that's about the highest praise a Mario item can get.
I'm just so glad you took pictures!! I honestly can't believe that you didn't cut into it and just try some. That part of the story made me sad. But seriously, you are a cake artist!
don't worry... I ate the cake! (well as much as a grown man ought to eat of a cake) It was delicious and very sweet. :-)
You are amazing!!! Seriously, want to make my kids' cakes from now on? =)
And I am cracking up at Zack's comment...that guy can EAT, so I'm sure that "as much as a grown man should eat" was enough to make you feel like it was appreciated. ;)
Post a Comment